May 9th will be the next meeting of the Orange Garden Club, at the Case Memorial Library. The program "Artistry of Springtime" presented by Kymrie Zaslow, a Master Judge, will dazzle us with the joy of spring!
Saturday May 13, MAY MARKET PLANT SALE and BAKE SALE, 8:30-12 Noon. For more information call Joanne Friedrich, 203-795-4266.
Garden Club of Orange Scholarship
The Garden Club of Orange offers a $1000 college scholarship to a high-school student residing in Orange who is planning to study plant science. Click here to download the application form.
National Garden Clubs, Inc.
The Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut, Inc.
New England Region of National Garden Clubs, Inc.
Connecticut River Watershed Council
Connecticut Forest and Parks Association
Orange Conservation Commission
Orange Land Trust
The Connecticut Horticultural Society
The purpose of the Club is to promote and encourage garden skills and knowledge, both individual and civic, and to further an understanding of horticulture, flower arranging, bird life, conservation and environmental awareness.
Why Join the Club:
The Club offers members numerous opportunities to learn and grow including:
- Classes in floral design
- Classes in Holiday decorating with florals
- Participation in flower shows
- Judging Floral and Horticulture Exhibits at the Orange Country Fair
- Educational field trips
- Participation in Connecticut Flower and Garden Show
The opportunity to meet and get to know other residents with an interest in gardening!
Some Ways that We Serve Our Community:
- Decoration of Town Public buildings for the Holiday Season
- Plant and maintain the Town Green and Wright’s Pond and other public sites
- Provide Garden Club activities for residents of the Orange health Care Center
Some of our Activities Include:
- Annual May Market (plant and bake sale)
- Semi-Annual Holiday House Tour
- Semi-Annual Standard Flower Show
Our Meetings Include:
- Monthly Guest Lecturer on pertinent topics related to floral design, gardening, and horticulture
- Monthly floral exhibits by our members
- Monthly petite luncheons
- Annual Silver Tea
As a member, you will receive a workbook, membership booklet and a very warm welcome.
Linda Bradford, Cindy Ruggeri, Gail Nixon, and Nancy Mellon, at a luncheon at Maplewood in Orange. L-r. Photo by Elly Torello.
At a recent meeting of the Orange Garden Club Cindy Ruggeri presented a PowerPoint of a few areas of the Orange Conservation Commission's town properties and activities. She has been working with some children at the Turkey Hill Preserve. A guide to open spaces is available at Park and Rec.
May 13, 8:30-12 noon, the Garden Club of Orange will hold its annual MAY MARKET plant and bake sale on the Green. The Club will sell locally grown perennials, annuals and designs, perfect for Mother's Day giving, homemade baked goods and aprons.
Prices are reasonable and you can learn about gardening from some Master gardeners.
For more info about the club call Joanne Friedrich at 203-795-4266.