Orange CT Homepage
Who do I call to report a tree growing into the power lines?

For trees growing into the power lines please contact United Illuminating. 

To report a tree trimming or other power line problem, please call UI at 1-800-7-CALL-UI (1-800-722-5584).  When you call, please have the following information ready:

  • Your contact information
  • Address of tree problem
  • One of the following pieces of information:
    • Cross Street
    • Landmark
    • Pole Number

Important: It is vital that you DO NOT attempt to trim the tree yourself.  Serious injury or death could result.


Show All Answers

1. What are the Highway Department hours?
2. How do I report a pothole?
3. Does the Highway Department pick up roadkill?
4. Who do I call to report a tree growing into the power lines?
5. What do I do if a tree or limb fell on the power lines and electrical wires are on the ground? STOP! Call 911!
6. Who do I call? A tree/branch fell into the roadway (no wires involved).
7. I can't see oncoming traffic as I turn onto another road. Who do I call?
8. Why isn't my road plowed?
9. What are the dump hours?
10. Recycling Questions?
Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow