Orange CT Homepage
What happens to the certificate after the ceremony?

The person who performs the Marriage ceremony must complete the certificate after performing the ceremony.  It is their responsibility to return it to the Registrar of the Town where the ceremony occurred.

The town maintains the original license and sends certified copies to the State of Connecticut, and any town(s) of residence within Connecticut that are listed on the certificate for the parties involved.  Once that occurs, you may purchase certified copies from either the town of occurrence or the town(s) of residence listed on the certificate.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get my License?
2. Do we need to be there?
3. Do we need blood tests?
4. What else do we need to bring?
5. When may the license be used?
6. What is the fee?
7. Who is authorized to perform marriages in Connecticut?
8. What happens to the certificate after the ceremony?
9. Do we need an appointment?
Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow