Orange CT Homepage
My taxes are too high, I'm over 65 or totally disabled. Can you help me?

    If you are a resident for ten consecutive years or more and 65 years or older and/or totally disabled (with proof), the town offers the Senior Tax Stabilization Program. You qualify if you have an adjusted gross income of $52,000 or less. This application can be obtained from February 1st to May 15 every year. The State of Connecticut also offers tax relief for the elderly and totally disabled common refer to as the Circuit Breaker. The maximum income levels for the 2022 grand list are $49,100 (married) and $40,300 (single). Income includes wages, tips, salaries, interest, dividends (either taxable or exempt), and gross social security payments received during the 2022 calendar year. If you filed or intend to file a 2022 income tax return, we will need a copy. We also need a copy of you and your spouse’s (if applicable) Form SSA 1099, the statement of Social Security payments received during the calendar year 2022.

     A State of Connecticut Circuit Breaker form can be obtained under our applications link.

Any questions, please contact the Assessor’s Office, ask for Jenny 203-891-4723

Show All Answers

1. What are your hours?
2. What is your mill rate?
3. My taxes are too high, I'm over 65 or totally disabled. Can you help me?
4. I sold my car, what do I do?
Government Websites by CivicPlus®
Arrow Left Arrow Right
Slideshow Left Arrow Slideshow Right Arrow